Monday, April 28, 2008

Precious Pendant Stolen

When I pitched this story today, one of my bosses kind of yawned. It's a burglary, who cares? The thing is my parents house was broken into about a year ago now, and all of my mother's jewelry was stolen. Most of it was actually HER mother's jewelry. None of it was expensive, none of it was valuable, but it was all invaluable to her. Some of the items stolen were my mom's jewelry that I remembered playing dress up with when I was a little kid. The sense of violation when someone steals something from you is incredible. But then to have the stolen items be something so personal....

Let's just say that I could relate to this Lee's Summit couple who had 10-thousand dollars worth of jewelry stolen from their home. But there's only one thing they really want back:

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE STORY

No comments: